flowers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Fun

Not too much excitement has gone on here since the summer wedding fun ended. Below is a picture of the constant pestering that happens these days. Notice the foot on Maddie's leg. Soon the poking started and then we ended with a smacking fight.



We took the kids to a pumpkin patch one Sunday afternoon. We had been there last year, but they were just as impressed this time.









My mom took Maddie to see Disney on Ice. There was just a bit of spoiling going on that night. Maddie was transformed into Snow White with a dress and shoes. She wears them constantly!

This last weekend was a holiday weekend for me. Thank you Columbus for taking land from its original inhabitants! Steve took a day off and we headed to South Carolina for a whirlwind visit with Tyler, Helen, Lucy, and William.

We have a few weekends off before the holiday fun starts kicking into gear.

Baby #3 is officially a girl. Well, that is official as the ultrasound can make it, but it seemed pretty clear to me. We are tossing around names, but I'm pretty sure we have settled on Natalie Louise. Natalie was never on our name list before; however, it quickly became a favorite this go-round. Louise is my Grandma Betty's middle name. She is adamant that someone names their daughter Betty. She is going to have to settle on Louise from me!

We adopted another girl last week. This one is furry and four-legged. Polly is our rescue dog...well, Beau's rescue dog. After I returned to work and Beau returned to her crate routine, it was quickly apparent that she was missing her pack. She had always been crated with Jezzebelle or next to Gracie. Being an only dog did not settle well with her. She became highly anxious, suffered separation anxiety, and was displaying OCD tendencies. She was eating parts of her cage, trying to rip the bars apart, destroying her bedding, soiling herself in her crate, and licking her paws raw. We tried tranquilizers and anti-depression meds with no luck. I mean, seriously, she was psycho. I started looking for a doggie friend. Steve wasn't too impressed with the idea, but I promised to only take a dog that fit and not just one I thought was cute. After several failed adoption attempts, I found a couple of dogs at our local Human Society. I checked them out one day and took the family out the next to make up our minds. We settled on Polly, a 3-year old beagle. She has loosened up and settled in quickly. I still haven't heard her bark, but I have been told there is a hound dog bark in there somewhere. She is sweet as she can be and Beau has stopped her craziness. Yeah for everyone!


Here the dorks decided the new dog bed was perfect for kids. I'm not sure why we are topless. I assume because Charie got food on his shirt and Maddie was looking for an excuse to take of her shirt. She has yet to kick her desire to be naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment