flowers

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fox February Fiesta

I was able to hold out and get all of the kids' birthdays in one month. I am a planner. Or, I get really excited about school letting out in May. Either way, we have a lot of birthday fun in February!

Charlie's birthday falls on Valentine's Day. My little Cupid turned 2 this year. Have I ever mentioned that I hate 2? The illogical thinking that comes from a 2-year old drives me nuts. I want a cup. Not that cup. This cup. No, the other cup. Yes. No. I want the first cup. Bah! Luckily, this 2-year old is the sweetest cuddlebug ever! We started his day with opening presents and ended with chicken strips from DQ. He threw an absolute tantrum on the way out the door, so we had to bring the dinner to him.

Chillin' with Polly





One of the top birthday gifts....a gun!


Madeleine's birthday came 6 days later. Steve had to go to work early that morning, so her presents had to wait until he got home. I had gotten her a pair of sparkly shoes with flowers and jewels. Well, any shoe lover knows that you need a fabulous pair of shoes on your special day, so I did sneak her one present early. She chose pancakes for dinner even after several offers for Old McDonald's. We had been telling her that a 4-year old has to eat their bread crusts, and believe it or not, it worked! She has eaten all bread and Pop-Tart crust without a fuss since her birthday. We are going to have to think of something better for her 5th birthday....does the dishes?

Good job on the gifts, Aunt Helen!


Charlie thinks the car is for him. Oops!
 
A little bug exploration with a kit from the library.


There was a shared birthday party on the Saturday between their birthdays. They received way to many presents, but I know they had fun. I had overdone it a bit with lifting things that weighed more than my baby and wasn't feeling very well, but I think we all managed to enjoy the night. I was exhausted when it was over, but I am kind of glad that all that work comes at once instead of spread throughout the year. We'll see if that rings true when they start inviting friends.

Charlie was enthralled with blowing out candles. Maddie wished to be a princess.

While I am off from work we decided to keep the kids home 3 days a week. I have survived the first week much easier than I expected. Madeleine has been acting very grown up these days and is much more cooperative than she has been in the past. Believe it or not, the 2 of us can butt heads!

Madeleine never wants to nap at home, but I have figured out that I can use Natalie as a bribe. I can get Madeleine to lay by Natalie long enough to fall asleep. I'm hoping that works for several more months.

Charlie has taken to climbing everything. Yesterday he decided to climb the counter to get a snack. I had asked him to wait until I was done feeding Natalie. I thought he was playing; he decided to get a snack without me. And, then we heard the boom. He had fallen off of several things the day before, but this time he cried longer than usual. Then he refused to use his hand to pick up things. There was no swelling or discoloration, so I thought we would wait it out and see how he acted after his nap. He acted the same only now with a little swelling, so off to the ER we went. I left the girls with my grandma knowing there would be a long wait, and it was. Charlie did not cooperate for the X-rays or the splint. They decided he had a small fracture in the lower part of a bone in his left hand. Until we can get a follow-up appointment, they want his hand stabilized with a splint. What they created was a club. By the time they were done wrapping his arm, he was angry. I tried to pick him up to comfort him (and to get him to shut up and let the lady with heart issues rest her ears) and instead he started beating me in the head with his club hand. Then he reached over and scratched my face all to pieces. I don't think the nurses knew what to do by the time we left. He has tried to rip the thing off twice before I put a sock over it. Luckily, he doesn't seem to be in pain. This morning he woke up with a bruise on his forehead from banging his head for comfort and a black eye from the fall. He was playing a little harmonica before school, because you always need a little more harmonica, and he wiped out and busted his lip. He looks like a bruiser!

 

  
Here is a little brag on my husband. He is not usually romantic, but he does get me flowers for Valentine's Day/Giving him 3 children in February. Aren't these gorgeous?! Not only did he pick the flowers himself, but he had 2 pink calla lillies for my girls and 1 white for my boy. Sentimental to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment