flowers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

4 Months!

It is hard to believe that Charlie is 4 months old already. It seems like he has been with us forever, and the misery of pregnancy is so far away I can hardly remember how horrible it was. (I can still tell myself how much I hated it, so settle down grandparents!) Then again, it is still a little crazy to me that I have two children. Today they were both laying on the floor watching Mickey Mouse Club House and they seemed so big....and mine!

Charlie started rice cereal just this week, but he still isn't impressed with the whole idea. He is spending a lot more time on his belly now with his head up, and he rolls from belly to back and back to belly. I'm hoping with all the tummy time that he will start getting more hair on his head. He rubs so much of it off it looks like he has a mohawk, and with his dark hair the 'hawk is very in your face. I've seen lots of other kids with crazy hair and thought they looked silly, but Charlie is still about the most adorable thing I've ever seen. He coos and laughs and LOVES his big sister. I'm not sure if it is always without fear, but he smiles at her in adoration all of the time. At his doctor's appointment today, he weighed 15 pounds and was 25 inches long, which puts him in the 45th percentile in both categories. His head was only in the 40th percentile, which is like 40 percentiles below his sister's even though her weight was always under the 10th percentile. Hehehe!

I don't have many pictures of Maddie from the last couple of weeks, but she is plenty busy. We go to music class once a week. She says, 'Mooosic class is fun. I do like it." However, when we are in the class she is so bashful that she barely participates or sing. I think she is a bit like her mama in that she is afraid to do things in front of people for fear of looking stupid, even though she really wants to. This is especially true in front of my peers. I'm trying to think of ways to remedy her of this. We went to the pool once, and she was pretty much afraid of everything. She liked to climb to the top of the slides, but she had to be taken off of them instead of going down them. She still loves to swing at the park and being on the go.


I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but if you click on the picture it will get bigger.

First go with cereal. I love the look of terror. What is this? Why is it lumpy? Mom, don't you love me?

This isn't a great picture of either kids, but you can see how close they appear in size.

Showing off his 'holding head at 90 degrees' skills.

4 month picture....It isn't the best shot, since his face is a little blurry and his feet are crystal clear, but look at that sweet smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment