flowers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Bashes!

 I'm not sure if Maddie is blowing us a kiss or showing us what she is eating for dinner. Either way, this was Valentine's Day.

 These were Maddie's Valentine's Day goodies. Her Daddy Buddy got her a bouquet that was all her own. She had a bag of loot from school, and the straw cup was from me. Pretty good for a fake holiday!

 We had a joint party for the kids, which is my plan until they absolutely start begging to have their own parties. Maddie LOVED her cake, but she HATED us singing to her. This is her reaction to our singing, which resulted in a little quiet time in her room. Birthdays are exhausting.

 While Maddie was cooling down, we sang to Charlie. He enjoyed the harmonies a little more than his sister, but he wasn't impressed with cake.

 Maddie, now recovered, has blown out her candles without the birthday singing. She is 3!

 Take a look at that Sleeping Beauty Barbie cake. I realize it is kind of gaudy, but I worked long and hard on that horrendous cake. I am most definitely not giving the Cake Boss a run for his money! The most important critic loved it and kept opening the fridge to say, "Oh, that is a beautiful cake, Mom. I just love that pink princess cake."

 Wagon rides in the house the morning after the party. This was easily Charlie's favorite present. We have taken a lot of wagon rides in the last 4 months.

 I make each of the kids a birthday banner to hang up the week of their birthday. Charlie's banner is a lot less elaborate than his sister's. The next kid might get a Publisher poster printed in color. I'll go all out. Maddie is making weird faces to get Charlie to smile. Beau is on guard for intruders. Never a dull moment!

This is Princess Madeleine Rose Fox with her birthday banner. I think she was telling me that she was 3 because she wasn't sure that I was aware.



In short, we had a family party for both kids the weekend between the kids' birthdays. They had a blast and received way too much stuff! I can't believe another year has passed. I remember being young and the years dragging on.....BAM, now they are over before I even realize they have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment